Lately, I have been craving what I like to call "Preppy Pieces" from American Designers (and Buberry too, LOL!!). I think I’m falling in love with them because the pieces are Classic and can be worn so many ways and they will ALWAYS be relevant unlike certain Fashion Trends that come and go. These pieces have been heavily influenced on the Runways all across the world this year.
In the Fashion Industry the style is known as Sportswear and this happens to be America’s main contribution to the history of Fashion Design. Some of today’s most commonly known American Sportswear giants include: Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Jacobs, Perry Ellis, and Michael Kors just to name a few.
I’m not only loving the clothing, but the accessories are catching my eye too from brands like Burberry, Tory Burch and Coach. Honestly, I’ve never been much of a Coach Girl, but the items in their more recent collections are starting to make me change my mind.
Here are some of the "Preppy Pieces" and Looks that I currently have my eyes on:
- Smoked Check Trainer $325
- Smoked Check Leather Trim Rain Boot $375
- Quilted Leather Platform Ankle Boot $995
- Haymarket Check Rain Boot $350
Burberry Belts, Scarves and Coats
- Haymarket Check Reversible Belt $295
- Coloured Leather Belt $495
- Giant Check Gauze Scarf (similar) $325
- Mega Check Scarf (similar) $375
- Sport Check Trench Coat $1,295
- Quilted Peplum Leather Jacket $1,995
Ralph Lauren Looks
- Skinny-Fit Big Pony Polo $110
- Harper Plaid Twill Tunic $265
- Wool Ski Sweater $365
- Dalloway Down Jacket $498
Tommy Hilfiger Looks
Check out the Tommy Hilfiger Website to find the pieces for these looks. I love how the models are styled in these ads.
Tory Burch Accessories
Tory Burch Shoes
- Suede Reva Ballet Flat $235
- Cicely Velvet High Heel Pump $350
- Tory Burch Shoe Boot $479
- Tory Burch "Lawson" Booties $425
- Madison Quilted Chevron Nylon Large Lindsey $398
- Poppy Patent Foldover Crossbody $278
- Madison Patent Mini Sophia Satchel $328
- Oppy Liquid Gloss Pushlock Satchel $378
Equestrian Inspired Looks - My Favorite!
I can't tell you exactly what prompted my current fascination with the Equestrian Look, but I am LOVING it now! Check out this Ralph Lauren Blazer I recently purchased from TJMaxx. This is the key piece to rocking this look. So you know I will be wearing this just as soon as I get this Blazer tailored.
This is one of my BEST purchases of the year! The detail on the pocket is my FAVORITE part. These Blazers are approximately $200+ in the mall but I only paid $60. So I consider that a Fashionable and Financially Aware buy.
Keep in mind, these pieces can also be used as inspiration for you to find alternatives and create looks on your own. You don't have to have these exact pieces to recreate the All American Preppy look.
Well guys, I hope you have enjoyed my "Current Cravings" for these All American Preppy Pieces. So tell me Dolls, what styles are you currently craving?
Love You for Following,